10 June 2012

Mis Aventuras: 10

¡Hola todos!

My life has not been nearly as exciting as it was several weeks ago when Laura was here.  Sadly, I have school projects and presentations to blame for that.

Last weekend we had a movie night at our program director's home.  We watched Secretos de sus Ojos.  It received several awards and we all really enjoyed the film!  I highly recommend it to anybody who enjoys watching foreign films.  That evening, a group of us went to Jet Lounge as VIPs.  It is located on the water surrounded by yachts and is described as an exclusive lounge which apparently has been the hot spot for designer parties.  We had a great time enjoying two hours of free appetizers and drinks as well as a live band.  However, once happy hour finished we left as we knew the prices of everything would be a little out of our range, so we took a visit to Crobar, a local bariloche.  On Sunday the girls and I went to La Boca to visit the market.  I must say, I am really going to miss the weekend markets with local trinkets and people's artwork and personal creations.


This past week has been fairly busy with school as tomorrow marks the start of finals week...where has my semester gone?!?!?  On Thursday we went to an orchestra show at Colon Theatre.  Despite not being able to see over the balcony, it was a great time soaking in the arts and the magnificent theatre.  Afterwards we ate empanadas for dinner -- which have made me ill for the last three days -- and went out with Madison and Lauren in Palermo. 




Friday was a day of R&R and homework.  That evening we watched the Lucky One at Sarah's house.  It was a little too sappy for my taste, however the girls tell me I need to read the book as it is far better than the film.  Yesterday morning we decided to finish writing our papers at El Ateneo, an old theatre that is now a bookstore/cafe, but sadly we had to leave after 30 minutes as we were told off by our waitress that we were unable to use the outlets for our computers, any my battery was almost dead.  How they expect customers to buy food and get their work done is beyond me.  Luckily, Buenos Aires is full of little coffee shops, so we had endless options on where to spend our lunch money.  That evening, I had a delicious vegetable soup for dinner.  Soup is not very common here and despite having a few Campbells soups for sale at the grocery store, it is very expensive.  Needless to say, we were in heaven after spending two months trying to find real soup. 

Today we spent the afternoon at the markets in San Telmo and Plaza de Mayo for some last minute shopping.  I finally purchased my tango art piece!  I cannot wait to frame it and hang it in my apartment! 

Fingers crossed all goes well with my exams! 

¡Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment